MirrorWeb, built purely on the cloud, provides the digital history of the UK Government by archiving all government websites and social media feeds.
Founder and CTO Philip Clegg runs the entire architecture on AWS, in part because of the need to store terabytes of data without worrying about security or storage availability.
Archives are the best way to create immutable, historical records of a company’s website. They are not only a compliance requirement, but can help you prepare for and protect against litigation and dispute resolution using eDiscovery.
Other benefits of the service include GDPR compliance.
Case Study: National Archives
Other clients include the National Archives.
This interview with Digital Director John Sheridan explains how MirrorWeb archives all UK government web and social media communications:
Sponsors of this article
- Transforming Government through AI and Data Science - October 31, 2018
- CSRA’s Migration to AWS GovCloud (US): An All-In Case Study - October 31, 2018
- How to Architect and Bring to Market SaaS on AWS GovCloud (US) - October 31, 2018
- Introduction to AWS GovCloud (US) - October 31, 2018
- How to Create a Cloud Adoption Framework - October 31, 2018
- What should be your Transformational Cloud Strategy? - October 31, 2018
- Canadian Digital Services – Open Source Playbook - October 31, 2018
- Canada’s Digital ID Future – A Federated Approach - October 31, 2018
- Welcome to Norfolk’s Open Data Portal - October 31, 2018
- Microsoft CEO: Trust is foundational to Open Data Initiative - October 31, 2018