Google’s email and collaboration tools ‘G-Suite‘ is one of the Cloud options that Scotland’s public sector can adopt to greatly boost their productivity.
Across the world other agencies are doing the same, such as Boston migrating 76,000 users, employees, police, teachers and students, from a mixed collection of on premise email servers to their online service.
Brandon Williams at the State of Colorado adopted the service to transform how government works, both internally and how they ensure citizens can access the information they need.
DC increased transparency, ensuring projects are kept on track and deliver value for money for citizens, and the State of Wyoming explain how this can be achieved while still ensuring and improving security.
Christoph Magnussen offers a video that compares the service with it’s main competitor Office 365, and Dave Belardo of Google provides an overview of how it can be integrated into existing IT environments.
For the public sector especially schools, a great case study of the potential to use technology to boost inclusion is from Aberdeen City.
They integrated the suite with Texthelp, a service for making documents more accessible, through friendly literacy features that help English Language Learners, as well as people with learning difficulties or requiring dyslexia tools.
From hearing emails or documents read out loud to text prediction, picture dictionaries, summary highlighters and a grammar, spelling and confusable words checker, Read&Write makes lots of everyday literacy tasks simpler, quicker and more accurate.
Sponsors of this article
- Transforming Government through AI and Data Science - October 31, 2018
- CSRA’s Migration to AWS GovCloud (US): An All-In Case Study - October 31, 2018
- How to Architect and Bring to Market SaaS on AWS GovCloud (US) - October 31, 2018
- Introduction to AWS GovCloud (US) - October 31, 2018
- How to Create a Cloud Adoption Framework - October 31, 2018
- What should be your Transformational Cloud Strategy? - October 31, 2018
- Canadian Digital Services – Open Source Playbook - October 31, 2018
- Canada’s Digital ID Future – A Federated Approach - October 31, 2018
- Welcome to Norfolk’s Open Data Portal - October 31, 2018
- Microsoft CEO: Trust is foundational to Open Data Initiative - October 31, 2018